In my Valentine’s Day post, I mentioned this yummy cheesecake mousse I made for a friend’s house. I can’t lay claim to the recipe, but I can copy the recipe here for you, and link to the blogger I got it from. 🙂 I wish I would have had pomegranate arils to sprinkle on top, but I decided to use a mint chocolate bar instead, so it all worked out! Scroll down for the recipe, and a few tips.
- 2/3 heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 – 8oz. block of cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- pomegranate arils or shaved chocolate for topping
- beat heavy cream until it begins to thicken (several minutes in my Kitchenaid on a medium speed) , add 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and whip until stiff peaks form, cover and chill.
- beat cream cheese until smooth; add the remaining powdered sugar, vanilla, and the melted chocolate and beat until well mixed (I let this mixture sit out for an hour or two for cream cheese to soften and warm)
- gently fold in the whipped cream – stop when everything is combined
- store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use
Let me give you a tip-throw caution to the wind with this recipe. Whipping cream can be intimidating if you haven’t done it before (or even if you have!). And I’m telling you, you cannot gently fold anything into cream cheese. So just beat it!
This won’t be as fluffy as normal mousse, because of the cream cheese, but that’s the beauty of it. It’s a cross between cheesecake and mousse! Perfect for any occasion, romantic or otherwise! Double the recipe if you’re having company!
Follow my Pinterest Dessert board for more yummy recipes!